pearlezem.blogspot.com.ng

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Feel my pain


                  CHAPTER ONE

"James!!!" Ashley stormed into a beautiful looking house.The house was dark so she turned on the light. Seeing no one, she angrily moved forward. "James Remi Martins!!!" The reply she got to her call was blunt silence. This infuriated her the more and she sank into a chair still seething. Just then, her phone rang. She brought it out and checked the caller, angrily dumping the phone when she saw it was James. She finally picked up the call after it had rung three more times.
"How could you do this to..." "Baby please come outside now its very important. We can talk about that later, ive gotta go." He hung up and she was really shocked. "Did he just hang up on me?"                       Still very angry, she picked up her bag and went outside. She walked up to him glaring intensely. "How could you dump me on the road like that? What if something happened to me?" He remained silent and just kept staring at her. This infuriated her the more and she raised her hand to hit him. He closed his eyes in reflex, anticipating being hit. The slap didnt come and then he opened his eyes only to see her still glaring at him with her hands on her hips. She made to walk out and then he pulled her back and kissed her intensely. He pulled away leaving a ring in her mouth. She stared at him in shock as he went on one knee.
"Baby please do me the honour of becoming my wife." She was silent still staring at him. "Say yes please and make me the happiest man alive." She grinned and then pulled him up.                                "You know ill marry you, big head." They both laughed as he sliped the ring on her finger. They hugged each other.
                 ******************************
  ONE YEAR LATER (NINE MONTHS INTO THEIR MARRIAGE)...
Ashley's sitting on the couch filing her nails and still watching T.v. James walks in with a small suit case in hand. "Baby I'm home!" She ignored him and continued filing her nails with additional interest. He dropped his suitcase and stared at her in surprise.  "I just returned from a very long trip, pratically another continent and I dont get a warm welcome from my woman?" She dropped her nail file and glared at him. "Did you tell me before you left? Did you..." "I told Stanley to tell you..." "Just hear yourself. You told Stanley to tell your wife that you'll be gone on a two months trip. If I did that would you welcome me warmly? How many times did you call me throughout your trip?" "Baby, c'mon I just returned. The least you could do is welcome me and then interrogate me later..." "Unfortunately I can't do that. You knew I wasn't a pretender before you married me. In fact..." She bent down and picked up her stuff. "I dont have time for this." And then she walked out. He sat on couch sighing deeply. He got up, took his bag into the room and set out to find his wife. He found her on the verandah still filing her nails and then sat beside her. He sighed again. "On the day I travelled, I wasn't informed earlier. I just got to the office and found a plane ticket to Paris lying on my table. I confronted my boss and he apologized explaining fully why I was chosen and not given prior notice. I had just 20 minutes before the flight departed and I tried calling you but your phone was switched off."
"Why didn't you call throughout the trip?" "I left my phone on the plane in my haste to meet the meeting. I got a new phone though but I had no one's contact..." "Including me? You mean you don't know my number by heart?" He sighed again. "Please don't sound so disappointed. Ok I promise to learn your number by heart today." She still looked pissed and disappointed and he had began to run out of lines. "See baby, let's leave the whole story. I'm really very sorry and it'll never happen again." She stopped filing her nails and turned to him. He spoke before she could. "Can I get my welcome hug and kiss now? Plus, having some food right now would really be nice." She smiled shaking her head. So typical of him to believe she's forgiven him without waiting for her to officially accept his apology. "I can't remember accepting your apology or letting you off the hook." "I didn't leave you with much choice plus, your smile is answer enough. She laughs and stands up pulling him up. "Your food is ready but, no hug or kisses till you shower, eat and rest." He grumbled while she dragged him inside the house.
          ************************************
It was so shocking to come back home and find a woman sprawled on her couch. Ashley stared at the woman, surprised. She moved closer and noticed she was sleeping. She nudged her awake. "Who the hell are you and how did you get into my house?" She stared at Ashley then rubbed her eyes and stretched like dozing off in someone else's house is the most natural thing ever. I'm Angela. Jamie gave me the keys and asked me to make myself at home. The mother of his babies can't be stressed..." "Excuse me?" "You're excused..." Shocked, she stared at the woman. She shook her head.  Who the hell was this woman that was calling her husband "Jamie?" This imposter was most definitely wrong; her James would never do that. "Get out of my house now before I kill you..." The lady burst into spams of hysterical laughter. "You go fear na..." Immediately, Ashley lost her cool and stormed into her room and came out with the revolver her father left her after his death. Immediately, she cocked the gun and pointed it at the imposter's head and then slowly moved it to her stomach. Immediately; Angela shrieked raising her hands up in surrender and began to retreat. Unfortunately, Ashley wasn't about to let her off the hook. "KNEEL DOWN! Raise your hands up and close your eyes fast!" She immediately complied and Ashley cuffed her while still pointing the gun at the back of her head this time. Afterwards, she took a glass of juice, sat down and began sipping quietly while still pointing the gun at her. Just then, James walked in and was taken aback by the sight before him; his wife armed and sipping juice and Angela on her knees with her arms raised up. Wow! He almost laughed out loud but, one look at his wife's face made him think better of it. What the hell was Angela doing in his house anyway...? "James. There's a matter you need to attend to." Just then, she recorked her gun but didnt point it at anybody. "Who is she?" Before James could reply, Angela wanted to beat him to it; "I told you earlier that..." Extremely furious, Ashley jumped to her feet releasing a stray bullet. "Shut the fuck up else I'll blow your brains out." "Baby you need to calm down. Seriously you dont need..." She whirled facing James, and pointed the gun at him. "Dont you dare speak till I ask you to. I'll tell you what I need... Answer the fucking question!" "Ok... Fine! She's my ex." Ashley sat back down and continued sipping her Juice. "Stand beside her." James hesitated and she pointed the gun at him menancingly. Immediately he raised his hands and moved. "She said she's the mother of your babies. Is it true?" "Hell no! She's bloody crazy." He was obviously furious as he turned to Angela. "What do you want in my house?" "Honey, why are you using that tone on me? You gave me your home keys to..." He turned to his wife "Baby I swear she's a fucking liar. She's been on my case since we returned from our honey moon. She just doesn't want to leave me alone..." "Really...?" Angela replied instantly obviously very pissed while Ashley watched on still sipping her juice and holding her gun. Angela made to stand up and Ashley pointed the gun at her aiming at her stomach. "Please let me prove to you that your husband is the liar. I have the test results to prove that I'm pregnant and a video of us banging to prove that he is responsible..." James moved menancingly towards Angela and held her neck. 'I'll fucking kill you for concorting such lies..." Ashley released another stray bullet, making James release her. Angela began coughing intensely. "Show me the video and the results..." "Baby, you dont need to see..." "I said shut up! Don't let me say it again." She handed over a key to James. "Uncuff her." He did it quietly trying so hard not to strangle Angela. James had began to sweat as Angela handed the items to his wife. He knew Angela intended to destroy his marriage since she refused to get over their break up. He got more frantic as his wife watched the video, looking expressionless. He was shocked when she handed back the phone and results and spoke quietly; "I've deleted that video. Accept my congratulations on your pregnancy. I'll fund an abortion if you like if not, have the baby at your own risk." She stood up and moved closer to the incredibly shocked Angela, pointing her gun on her forehead. "If I ever see you 100 miles close to my husband, you'll vanish. Get out now before I change my mind!" She immediately ran out of the house while James stared on in great shock. Ashley gulped down her remaining juice and walked coldly towards the room, not even sparing him a second glance.

No comments: